In general, I would avoid running 2 databases on the same server, as both
use also a considerable amount of off-heap memory.

*What is your use-case  / types of queries?*

Not sure what version you're running as there is no 4.0.3 of Neo4j.

What is your configuration of Neo4j (heap / page-cache) ? In general Neo4j
benefits from having enough memory available for mapping data from disk to
memory to avoid frequent seeks.

The minimum you should have is 27G of heap and then page-cache of as much
as possible, e.g. 80-100G on your machine (depending on your workload).

Michael