Hi guys, although older post, still relevant.

I mean dgraph benchmark is open source, so anyone can go and customize the
benchmark neo4j configuration, so it performs best, but noone did it :-)

"we don't have the capacity to help other vendors with their benchmarks or
teaching them about Neo4j basics" - this is especially what you should do
when one is showing with open source data his solution does better. I
wouldn't call it vendor benchmark as soon as it is fully open source and
they welcome feedback.

I think soon we will need something like http://www.tpc.org/tpch/ for graph
databases, some standardized set of different type of graphs and common
graph algorithms to be executed.