Hi,

I, personally, can't be of any help. But while you're at it, the wiki
article takes issue with the Haydu brothers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Nixie_tube

It mentions, Burroughs buying the Haydu brothers out for their tube
manufacturing abilities, and that the nixie was developed 'in-house',
at Burroughs.

Hmm I have historical proof that Haydu Bros already were a Burroughs subsidiary when they advertised the Nixie tube, see here: http://www.jb-electronics.de/html/elektronik/nixies/n_hb106.htm Now that was 1955, so quite early.

But sadly, I do not know if Haydu Bros had planned the Nixie tube before they were bought by Burroughs, or if it was a true Burroughs story. Wikipedia seems to point in that direction.

The wikipedia article seems wrong at one point, though: Telefunken made their first Nixie tube in 1966 a German source says.

Jens