Purely by accident we ended up today at the Kelvedon Hatch Regional
Government HQ nuclear bunker - http://www.secretnuclearbunker.com/

Fantastic way to spend a few hours in a fully populated (all equipment
pretty much still there) cold war bunker. This is where the Prime
Minister of the UK would have gone in the 1950s should everything have
gone a bit nasty. Piles of old Geiger Counters & stuff everywhere -
old Tektronix & other scopes, just tons and tons of stuff. Operating
theatres, dormitories, canteens, plot rooms, regional & government
control centres - everything down to old DEC, Honeywell & other kit -
decomissioned in 1992 or thereabouts, so a huge amount of computing
history there too. 600 people could be sealed in... Really fun.

I did find one bit of kit with Dekatrons and an "Airburst" detector &
rangefinder which had edgelit displays - took photos and will upload
those when my wretched children return the camera USB cable...

Recommended for everyone - fascinating place...

Cheers

Nick