On 1/19/11 11:04 PM, Dieter Waechter wrote:
Hello David,
where have you found the factor 1.4 and what is your factor for 3x, 4x,
5x.... muxing?
Dieter

For 2x multiplexing, use about 1.4 times the recommended cathode current
for continuous use.

It's an educated guess. I used 3x current for 6 way multiplexing in the clocks I made, so 1.4x seems reasonable for 2 way. It takes experimentation to find the best value, and there is a tradeoff of tube life vs brightness.

--
David Forbes, Tucson AZ
http://www.cathodecorner.com/