On Apr 9, 7:30 am, lai...@wcoil.com wrote:
> I can tell you where there would be a fairly big market for high
> efficiency high voltage power supplies (IF THEY CAN BE PROPERLY SHIELDED
> FOR RF LEAKAGE) that is B power supplies....

There are many folk who use a derivative of the MAX 1771 design on my
site for tube radios, "stompboxes", headphone & preamps etc. both
amateur & commercial products (though I get no license fees ;-)

The problem is that the switching frequency varies depending on load
and there are many harmonics which can be large due to the high
switching currents.

Filtering both input and output of the SMPS & full screening of the
unit itself are pre-requisites.

Its non-trivial to get right....