From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:neonixie-l@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of dr pepper
Sent: vrijdag 10 februari 2012 7:00
To: neonixie-l
Subject: [neonixie-l] Re: Burned K155ID1 chips?

74 ttl as mentioned really needs a 5v regulated supply, the 7805 is
important.
Also a ceramic decoupling capacitor accross each chip supply pins is a good
idea, I've had similar issues with 74 devices, when the transistors change
state within the device there is a 'rush through', sort of a temporary short
across the 5v, this can deck the supply at the chip if there is resistance
or incductance in the supply to it, which there allways is and cause a reset
or screwup.

It does sound like the chips are fried though.