 From: jb-electronics <webmas...@jb-electronics.de>
To: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 11:53 AM
Subject: [neonixie-l] Homemade Nixie tubes: still a lot to do...

Hi folks,

I am making some small progress on the way to making Nixie tubes. My vacuum
pump (2-stage) is here, that is quite nice. Next step will be to build the
vacuum meter with a special sensor chip from Honeywell.

I also figured out where to get the gas: it is quite easy to obtain 1l bottles
with 12bar, i.e. 12 atmospheric liters of gas, both from Neon and Argon. This
is why I made this sketch:

http://www.jb-electronics.de/tmp/sketch.png

John pointed out how to connect everything, and I tried to include his device
in the design. The connection from the pump to the 3-way valve is rather long,
say 1m. The connections from the t-junctions to the 3-way-valve are short,
about 15cm. The vacuum meter is also connected closely.

Does that make sense? Anything to improve? I hope so :-)

Best regards,
Jens

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups