Hello guys,

I am looking for any information about how the alumina compound for vacuum
tubes is prepared.. It is used to insulate electrodes (what should not
glow) and also support some joints inside the tubes. It look like a white
ceramics..

Alumina is not soluble in water/ethanol etc.. so some binder must take
place.. I found, that binder consists of water, methanol and aluminum
nitrate. I prepared a compound according to one patent (60% alumina, 40%
binder made from aluminum nitrate water and ethanol), but it didn't make
hard compound (even when baked).. It just flaked of the wire..

Is there anyone who have some closer info about that or could point me
somewhere?

I used Dieter's picture (thanks), You can see two white drops of alumina
here..

Thanks, Dalibor

--
Dalibor Farny