One GPS unit broadcasting the time locally is what I do. I use a unit with an external antenna, so no issues with locking in a signal. The unit starts searching for a signal every night at midnight, then once it locks on shuts down the GPS. I use a n accurate RTC the rest of the time. Saves power (I live off grid) and keeps the time spot-on.