This is written in the directive:

-------------
Applications of lead, mercury, cadmium and hexavalent chromium, which
are exempted from the requirements
of Article 4(1)

1. Mercury in compact fluorescent lamps not exceeding 5 mg per lamp.
2. Mercury in straight fluorescent lamps for general purposes not exceeding:
— halophosphate 10 mg
— triphosphate with normal lifetime 5 mg
— triphosphate with long lifetime 8 mg.
3. Mercury in straight fluorescent lamps for special purposes.
4. Mercury in other lamps not specifically mentioned in this Annex

I guess that nixie tube could be considered as "other lamps not
specifically mentioned in this Annex" (number 4), what so You think
guys?

Dalibor

--
Dalibor Farny