Nope, that's what it looked like when sold on eBay - I replaced that Nixie.
It still works and shines purple instead of orange. It looks like the pip
at the top of that Nixie hasn't been sealed off properly as there is a tiny
white line in the center of it which could explain the different colour,
some air might have leaked into the Nixie changing the gas mixture.

/Martin