Hi Dieter,

do You have more information about "sputtering windows"? I hear it for
the first time. I know that any hole significantly bigger then anode
screen holes let the sputtered particles to go through and deposit on
the glass (ZM1040/42 have small "window"), but I dont know whether it
has any real effect on lifetime of the nixie. Apart from that it
allows You to estimate (roughly) its age..

Can You compare deposit of mercury doped IN-18 and non-doped IN-18
after years of usage?

Thanks a lot,

Dalibor

Dalibor Farny