Nice clock! Thanks for sharing!

I am building a similar clock myself right now and I have read a lot of
what the Russian people write about these tubes and there are some small
design ideas/changes that they have come up with that differs from your
design - I have incorporated these in my design as the Russians say that
they are essential to long life of the ITS1A/B's. I don't know if the
Russians are right on this or not but they all seem to use the same design.

What they have done is adding a resistor in series with each of the second
anodes (Anode-2 @ pin 14) as a current limiter. I have seen values ranging
from 2.2 k up to 47 k in different designs, but with my ITS1B's a value
below 10 k works best when the MPSA92 is supplied with +90V. They also put
a 56k resistor between the first and the second anode (Anode-1 @ pin 2 and
Anode-2 @ pin 14) as that stabilizes the zener voltage and the circuit.

I am in no way an expert on these tubes as I have only been fiddling around
with them for a few weeks since I bought mine, but I think that the designs
that the Russians are using are from various books and datasheets that they
have access too, at least that is what I have gleaned from what they have
written.

My design will also include a driving stage (MPSA42/92/zener) for each
digit as that will let me control and extinguish just the digit that I am
interested in changing instead of all at the same time (it will add some
more components but I think it is fun to solder).

I am also making a switching power supply with a transformer. At the moment
I am experimenting with winding the second coil on top of the main inductor
to see if it can decrease the audible noise from the switcher.

/Martin