Luke,

No dilemma - have your clock and meter too:

1) Keep the beautiful voltmeter exactly as is, with no changes.

2) Turn it into a unique clock by making a little microcontroller-PWM-DAC
project that outputs 00.00 to 23.59 Volts, incrementing each minute as
appropriate.

If you want AM/PM time instead, output negative (AM) or positive (PM) 1.00 to
12.59 Volts.

/tvb