Hi petehand,

Thanks for your detailed reply.
I agree, its a real shame the 3LO tubes are rather cute!
Do you mind posting your hardware for the clock. Schematics and such?
Always hungry for some more ideas or intellect.
Have you given thought to baking the tube in the oven to see if that helps
things?

What CRT is ideal for this task of running continuously or for long periods
of time. 2AP1 and DG7 ?

Thanks again
Christian