On 7/21/2015 6:25 PM, PsyPhi wrote:
Yes, it's merely an illusion of perception. The toggle switch on the left does *not* reverse the direction of the dekatron; rather it reverses the flow of time. As the observer travels backwards in time, the dekatron appears to spin backwards, and the "tick-tock" looks like "tock-tick". It's all relative.
So said Einstein!!! So tell me,,,, what happens when the observer goes back in time, beyond the point when you built this, are they then lost forever?

Time-reversal turned out to be a very useful feature. Last fall, my friends at the Glitch Loft (a video/music/art studio) threw a party entitled "A Glitch in Time". That's when I decided to build this nixie clock to bring to the party. Unfortunately, it took longer to finish than I expected, and wasn't ready to be exhibited then. But I kept working on it, and finally brought it to their next party (New Year's Eve). Then, by flipping that switch, I was able to go back and debut my device at the previous event retroactively! :-)
I see!!! Did you ever think or try to audition for a part in "Back To The Future"??