I'd inspect the shorts.  If it's a solid mechanical connection between 
segments, the tapping method may be your best option, but be careful!

Blasting works OK for fine whiskers, but not strong mechanical connections, 
of course.

Good luck!



On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 11:26:54 AM UTC-6, Michail wrote:
>
> In the past, I have received a couple of B-7971 tubes where two segments 
> are shorted in that the wire was bent enough to touch another segment.
>
> This causes, not only both segments to light, but will short down the full 
> line of tubes (obviously depending on the build design).
>
> Once, I was able to 'thump' the tube hard enough with a knuckle to 
> dislodge it (risky, but I was surprised it worked).
>
> I just purchased 13 tubes on ebay (actually, the seller shorted me by one 
> and I fortunately compeletely opened and counted tubes from the package 
> while recording video - little hard to argue that).  In any case, 3 of the 
> remaining tubes have the same issue.  I really would hate to risk thumping 
> the tubes in fear of breaking them.
>
> I thought I saw at one time that someone applied power to heat it and 
> shake the tube or simply apply a lot of power in order to completely blast 
> the short.  I don't recall.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"neonixie-l" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/d90e1fc1-2886-4e1a-a101-aa5348eea759%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to