That's really cool and it looks very nice.  Congrats,  Ira.

On 4/3/2016 9:48 AM, q61org wrote:
*

Hi, I’d like to share my project with you, a nixie tube kitchen timer.

I am really late coming into the nixie world -- I got my first nixie tubes last year, just by a coincidence.**I thought I wanted something that I can type numbers into nixies, and decided to make a replacement for my failing old kitchen timer.

For uses in kitchen, I made it somewhat waterproof so that I can touch it with my hands wet.**I made an enclosure that covers tubes and the PCB, a hang hole on the back, and used a membrane keypad.

This design works well, and the timer has been in my everyday use in my kitchen since I made it in last December, without any failure.

Nixie tubes are very good in a timer, it’s a lot easier to read than 7-segment displays.

It was my first time making something with nixie tubes and high voltages, and information in neonixie-l group helped me very much. I exhibited my timer at a convention in Tokyo and it got more positive responses than I had expected, so I thought I should feed it back here. Thanks everyone!

I made a web page about my kitchen timer here: http://q61.org/en/nixietmr/

It has a longer version of the story, pictures and a video, as well as tech docs such as schematics.

Thanks again,

ko *

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zxncMDw_1yo/VwFGAwlypqI/AAAAAAAAAAk/9X3WJWsSaicvCXIH7qcz3-izA0XoUHohg/s1600/kitchen_512w.jpg>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:neonixie-l+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to neonixie-l@googlegroups.com <mailto:neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/80d08e47-bcf0-4572-8dc8-cd3750695917%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/80d08e47-bcf0-4572-8dc8-cd3750695917%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.