It seems like that is the issue. I can't find a suitable capacitor at the
moment as the 0.1uF ones I have extra right now are rated at 50V, but using
my multimeter to probe across the 1.5M cap causes enough parasitic
capacitance to allow for a stable voltage output. I will order a similarly
sized one as the resistor and solder it on top.

Also my output capacitors are a 10uF electrolytic capacitor, and a 2.2uF
and 0.1uF ceramic capacitor, all three rated at 250V.