That's strange, I've built a few circuits from old magazines where the XC18s were used in just that way and those circuits never failed me. The only thing I can think of that I did that you might not have done is that I aged my XC18s so that I knew that they were striking and working within their parameters, however I didn't match them as I didn't read anywhere that it would be necessary.
In some circuits they used separate anode resistors but there was no explanation for that but they might have been there to compensate for differences in voltages. /Martin On Friday, 5 August 2016 14:43:00 UTC+2, Nick wrote: > > Whilst wiring two XC-18s together *should* work fine, it doesn't reliably > as they two tubes would need to be perfectly matched, and they never are... > Grahame and I both tried it without too much success... > > Not fired up these XC-24s yet... > > Nick > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send an email to [email protected]. To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/7f2f6cdc-49e1-4ac7-88cf-77a39cec1c2a%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
