On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 6:02:53 AM UTC-4, taylorjpt wrote:
>
> I have a pile (~1K) 11 digit calculator displays and eventually settled on 
> a 0.5mm thick double sided translator board installed with conductive 
> epoxy.  The connection now becomes a simple DIP header: 
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/140729423185
>
> I remember having a bag of the clips back in the '80s and thinking... 
> "When would I ever need these?".
>

I saw these on eBay, and figured the PCB was attached by the calculator 
manufacturer. I'll have to get one.

When I think about using conductive epoxy, I worry about shorts between 
conductors. How do you avoid that? 

Any chance you'd put some of the boards up for sale? No idea where I'd get 
.020" thick boards made in small quantities...

Yeah, I had a small collection of Panaplex displays from Radio Shack 
display assortments that I threw in the trash, thinking there was no way 
for me to ever use them... And to think of some of the junk that did get 
saved!

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"neonixie-l" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/c4332165-facf-4c71-b7c0-50ff64a6c692%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to