A man after my own heart! I work from sketches too until I finalise a
design. Sometimes the sketch is all that the clock is made from as I am lax
in detailing projects.

I like working with suspended displays, yours looks like it will be a good
one. Brass and copper go with Nixies like cheese on toast.
Steampunk always allows you to think out of the box and get creative as
there are so many options when turning a though into reality.

Keep us all posted on your progress.