Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for sharing!

Jürgen's clocks (nixiekits.eu) use scrolling to switch between time and date. I
find it a nice feature since it uses the digits in the tubes more evenly in
addition to the anti cathode poisoning routine.

I like clocks with 2 "dots" for each separator column. This way it's easy to
see the difference between date and time.
Do you think it would be possible to implement some sort of PWM for the
separators? When they fade in and out in 2 seconds each (4s for one "pulse") it
is really beautiful!

An option to easily turn the LEDs always off would be nice : some people don't
like it when they interfere with the beautiful orange glow of the nixies.

Do you plan to display the date only when a button is pushed? Or is it possible
to add an option to choose for how long to display the date and how long the
time?

I also think a motion detector is important for those clocks with rare nixies
;-)

An independent arduino firmware is exactly what I need!
Nice project!