That's a very common color seen in tubes with mercury added.
The ones I notice it the most with are the small side-view
tubes such as NL-5853, or B-5853.

The non-mercury tubes glow a much stronger orange, without the
blue haze.  My examples of that are NL-6844A, NL-5971, NL-7153.

Chuck

$4.95/mo. National Dialup, Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, 5mb personal web space. 5x
faster dialup for only $9.95/mo. No contracts, No fees, No Kidding! See
http://www.All2Easy.net for more details!