Hi,

As bought some DM160 and IV-15 tubes a while back. It was difficult to find
much information on either, but especially the IV-15 tubes. There is a
partial translation of the Russian data sheet here on this group and I
managed to find some more information
at http://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_iv-15.html (which also has the
only diagram I have been able to find of the pin outs. So I though I would
present my own results for the IV-15 here (I have already done so for the
DM160 separately).

Basically the IV-15 is pretty much a drop-in replacement for the DM160,
except that the filament voltage and current should be 0.6V and 42mA
respectively.

Controlling the brightness is also done by pulling the grid voltage -ve wrt
to the filament, anything below around -3V will turn it off completely. 0V
is full brightness.

The 'HV' for the anode can be anything from around 10V to 50V, which is
slightly more lenient on the low end than the DM160. However, with only 10V
on the anode, the filament will not be very bright and you won't really be
able to control it with the grid because you will need to be pulling the
filament voltage to about 0V (so pulling the grid lower is hard?).

Anyway, here is one setup that works - it is almost identical to my setup
for the DM160, apart from the resistor values for the filament (the
resistor values ideal rather than practical, approximations should be fine):

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-O5Aav-aKwMg/WNlryfVW_gI/AAAAAAAAAhM/fQOL8VJT7_MtmZwNW_19DpWcaYTOV9wJgCLcB/s1600/iv-15.JPG>