With FETs, it works naturally, as the conduction channel has a positive
temco.  The cooler FET has the lowest resistance and so it takes more of
the load until it reaches the temperature of the others.

IGBTs have a negative tempco EXCEPT for those designed to be run in
parallel.  In my highest power induction heaters, I have three 900 volt,
30 amp IGBTs in parallel on each side of the Royer oscillator.  One key
to making it work is to have the devices tightly thermally coupled so
they all see the same temperature.

John

--
John DeArmond