I thought eBay's Global Shipping Program (GSP) was a bad idea, from the
get-go ! Just another reason not to use it.

When they introduced it, they automatically enabled it, in your settings.
You had to go into your account settings, and turn it off. In general, its
a rip-off ! Just another eBay "profit center". Its bad enough that shipping
things to outside the US, starts at ~$13.50, for a minimal weight parcel
(and upto 8 oz), but if I remember, the fees the GSP charges, are way above
that !

Before 2012, you could ship things international, for ~$5. Before 2005, the
postal service still had "surface mail", which meant they waited until a
shipping container was filled up, before sending your parcel off, on a slow
boat to oblivion. Cost was cheap, though it may take up to 3 months to get
to your destination. Chinese still do the same thing, though it probably
takes well less than a week to fill up one of their containers.

Its best to pack the parcel yourself. Have you ever seen how most parcels
arrive from Amazon, Granger, or McMaster ? The item(s) are usually tossed
into the box, then those inflatable bags are tossed in on top of it.
Padding is most often just the thickness of the cardboard box. That's fine
for screws, and books, and even my kits. But not something you want to see
when shipping a CRT !