> Interesting.  Thank you.  As drawin, simulation shows ~844Hz. witch is close
> to the built circuits.   This is in several test boxes I'm working on and I
> decided to change out for an LTC6902 square wave IC with a level shifting
> amp.  for my application, the square wave or a LPF'd square don't work as
> well as this circuit, possibly due to harmonic content.  FFT shows fairly
> linear drop-off compared to the harmonics of the square or LPF.

A relative of the phase shift oscillator is the Wein bridge oscillator, which
includes a non-linear element to control gain so the active device(s) don't
clip.  These oscillators can give a good quality sine wave (low harmonics) with
few parts.  A Royer oscillator can also do so, but requires more specialty
parts to build.

- John