Has anyone out there built a clock or other device with Soviet-era
electroluminescent displays ? I just bought 4 more (now I have 8), so I
will be designing and building a clock a year from now (busy with another
project right now). As far as I know, they have a very short lifespan of a
few hundred hours, so this will be a show-and-tell item and not an
always-on clock.

These are still available
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-pc-Rare-Electroluminescent-Display-Blue-TESTED-russian-soviet-nixie-tube-LED/302511793315?hash=item466f1ba4a3:g:KIAAAOSwQcJZ-5H8
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-pc-Rare-Electroluminescent-Display-Green-TESTED-russian-soviet-nixie-tube-LED/302511498730?hash=item466f1725ea:g:7dMAAOSwySVZ-1xp

I've asked the seller if he can obtain more of these, because I'm sure that
once I've finished the PC board, others in the group will want my extras .