I love how thin this clocks base is. I'm wondering how the power supply is
made - judging from dimensions of your NCH8200HV power supply, fitting that
transformer isn't an option - or am I wrong? Or is it a boost converter on
a flat inductor with voltage doublers?
Anyway, this is the thinnest clock base I've ever seen. In fact, none comes
even close - second thinnest was 20mm thick (it was fully wooden, though).
It is really impressive.
It reminds me of bonsai trees, where very low pots are chosen for aesthetic
reasons - it helps exposing the tree itself. It works here, too - even the
small tubes are not dwarfed by the base.