Manel and I had been working on a project together for many months. In the
close to two years I knew him I'd come to know him as a very talented and
engaging engineer, but more than that a genuinely fine individual and a
good friend. Shared values, shared views of the world... Conversations
about food, shared music, travel, family, ...

Copied from his last e-mail to me:

     Dolce fare niente, as the Italians say. Tomorrow we’ll start exploring
the islands.

     Manuel Azevedo

Farewell my friend. You are missed.

Again, my sincere condolences to his family.
Bob