On Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 11:41:20 AM UTC-7, Pramanicin wrote:

> Speaking of B6091's....I have a set of B6091's that refuse to illuminate
> on digits 5 and 9 but cleanly illuminate on all other digits...there are
> occasional flashes on the 5 and 9 when running a rotating sequence of all
> digits at about 180V....are these tubes particularly finicky after
> prolonged storage?

I have about 30 of these, and none showed any flaky behavior. But I do
think the 6091 is not as reliable as it's smaller predecessor, the 5092. So
far I've had two 6091 tubes fail in my big clock in the past 5+ years, and
zero failures with 5092's
One developed an internal short, and the other has severe discoloration,
presumably from sputtering.