Thanks for information! Do you still own the synchrometer? Would you like
to share a photo?
The ML387 bulbs seem to be drop in replacements. I've looked at them
through macro lenses and measured outside dimensions - it is exact copy.
There is only one, very slight difference - one of the leads, the one on
back end of the bulb is rounded, while original ones seem to have it a
little bit squashed. It might affect indicators in which the bulb isn't
held through a spring contact, but in my M18 type it is not a problem.
 Original bulbs have indication on them and it reads: GI727 28V 40mA. I
think I saw some other replacement types from other distributors, but as I
use mainly TME I just slipped few experimental bulbs into regular order.
Right now I have 50 of those and hopefully they will last for some time!
After replacing the damaged bulbs I can't notice a difference between
original and new.