Hi all, and thanks to Paul Andrews for turning me on to this group.

I have a general interest in all things Nixie, just trying to graduate from
clock kit builder to at least one custom design (well, the case at least),
but I've also become fascinated by vfd displays. To this end, I've bought a
couple of vintage calculators to play with.

One of these, the Sperry Remington 663 (an OEM version of the Casio CM
series) uses six LD8035E tubes (see pic). I've had the bright idea of
trying to rewire the tubes onto longer wires for future placement into some
self designed casing. I had managed to prove the principle to myself but
fell at the last hurdle - I had cut one of the wires too short and in
trying to solder on a jumper wire, managed to give the tube a bit too much
heat to explosive effect. It was the bloomin' last segment as well. The
attached photo was taken just beforehand.

I'm sticking with my idea though - though obviously now need at least one
tube replaced, and if I was a sensible man I'd hedge against it happening
again.

Struggling to find the tubes on ebay and though Paul turned me onto a
Japanese auction site, the posting is for 10 tubes and likely to incur some
pretty serious extra charges. I was wondering if anyone knew of a source
closer to home, preferably UK or EU? I only need 2or 3, and happy to pay a
going rate if postage and import fees could be a bit cheaper. While I know
it's not much of an incentive, I also have a couple of IN-12s and IV-22s I
could offer up to swap (though they're so cheap I doubt they'd be of
interest).

If anyone could point me in the right direction for these tubes it'd be
much appreciated. It might actually be cheaper to buy another calculator
for parts but that seems so wasteful (and not necessarily very cheap).

Many thanks all!

Dave E