Any ideas? What could be the problem?

Best wishes
Jens

On 2018-10-24 6:38 p.m., Charles MacDonald wrote:
On 2018-10-24 2:20 p.m., jb-electronics wrote:
Hi folks,

This is a bit off-topic, but I hope somebody can help. As some of you know I live in Canada, but I am originally from Germany. Most of my tools can be switched between 110V/220V input, so that's fine, except for my soldering station. It is a Weller 40W digital station that I have had for years and I do not want to buy a new one. The problem: it only has a 220V input.

In order I would look to see if the unit has atrasnformer with two primary windings connected in series... if so connect them in parrall. That is a common way that North American designers tackled the European market

second would be to see if a standard transformer could be swapped in. you would have to determine what the output voltage would be, and then look in the Hammond Catalog to find a good cadidate.

http://www.hammondmfg.com/5cpwr.htm

third would be the hammond autotrasnformer

http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/5C_298.pdf