I've been interested in nixie and numitrons for a long time but somehow
have overlooked dekatrons.  Considering my field of study and work (CIS)
I'm not sure how... anyhow I've done a lot of digging but it seems no ones
really making or selling anything to run dekatrons with anymore.  I bought
a NIB Sylvania 6476A because it looked like as good of a place to start as
any.  It looks like some people have made some pretty flexible designs and
I was wondering if anyone could help point me in the right direction?  I've
seen some neat clock designs as well using a dekatron for pendulum, or even
a clock, and it looks like a couple people used to make and sell some
really neat dekatron pcb's to build B12E base spinners.  I hope I didn't
totally miss the boat?  With bigger tubes getting more and more scarce it
seems like dekatrons is still an area that would fun to explore.  I'm
always interested in something new to work on and ever since finally
getting a metcal soldering station I'd wanted for a long time I've been
wanting to solder everything under the sun... and it makes a good hobby
away from work.

I'd even be into possibly getting some boards made if someone had a design
that was flexible and didn't mind sharing it if no one has anything else.

Bill