One project I have on the back burner is a very small battery-powered nixie
display. I thought that a variation of a power supply design that I had
been using for everything else, would work fine. It turns out that the
prototype of the power supply, which I had built a few years back, only
worked because of a dry solder-joint somewhere on the mosfet (yes, I'm
serious). The version I built specifically for this project quickly had
everything overheating. When I went back and touched up the soldering on
the prototype, it showed the same behavior. The culprit, BTW is pretty much
down to the tiny 1:20 transformer. I have built variations of this design
with bigger transformers that work very well.

There are a lot of variations of power supply design that I could mess with
- obviously I have already scoured the internet on this topic - but that is
the trouble. This project will never get finished if I have to run through
multiple prototypes trying to find one that is small enough and that works.
So I was wondering if anyone could just say 'use this design'.

The constraints are:

   1. It has to fit on a circular PCB the same diameter as the tube or less
   (about 17mm).
   2. It has to provide around 150V-160V regulated output, or maybe just
   'limited' output.
   3. It only has to provide 1.5mA to 2mA.
   4. It has to use a LiPo as the power source, so it should work at
   voltages between around 3.5V and 4.5V.
   5. It has to use parts I can get from digikey (so no sourcing
   transformers from old cameras that I can't find for example).

Surface mount components are fine...