Those are the tubes and clocks I was thinking about.  I've recently put
back together some old pieces and got this running.  The tubes are good...
I like to find them with perfect coating still on the tubes and that isn't
ago easy but the best I've found are from Poland or old collectors.  I used
an original RadioShack answering machine power supply so the clock could
sync from the line frequency correctly.  It's neat how I think Dieters
clock reads the line frequency when you first plug it in.

Bill