Nick,

As far as I can tell, there are no two adjacent circuits that should be
bridged on an HV series serial to parallel converter. I've implemented this
chip in several of my own designs.

(Unless its a bodge fix for a board layout error, in which case the board
should be fixed before being sold as a working product)