Richard, I have not yet done it, but I do plan to at some time. I got a few
of these for various reasons (demo/display, etc.). I assume you have the
detailed data / pinball instruction sheet like I do. If not, let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bltgd4w4o9gonuy/Alvin_G_Display.zip?dl=0

My chops aren't good enough to just whip out the electronics to drive
these, but I was planning on making a computer that does this eventually.
It is an IEEE 8255 interface. I should be able to do it with an arduino.