I've done a few tests in the past. With the acrylic that I got, the result
was as follow:

translucent red: converts the orange glow to red, reduces contrast and
brightness

translucent orange: keeps the orange glow, slightly improves contrast,
maintains brightness

translucent brown: keeps the orange glow, slightly reduces contrast and
brightness