I have a few 6091's (smaller than the 8091), and nothing I've tried has
brought them back. One appears to have a broken internal spot-weld, so it's
a matter of how much high-current zapping I'm willing to blast-away the
short.

The other 2 have darkened internally, which I think is sputtered-away
cathode material that deposited on the interior glass surface. I havn't
really had cathode poisoning with Burroughs tubes; the few that I've had
fail went dark, except in the case of 5031's that seem to be leaking.