(At least it's 'older'...)

Working on an old AM/FM transistor radio that has had both the FM RF and
convertor transistor short out. (I suspect a near miss lightning strike)

Also, L3 checks stone open out of circuit.  I have never seen a coil like
this and don't understand it's operation. ASSUMING it's drawn right...

My questions is, is this coil, labeled as a 10.7mc trap, drawn right? Does
it also function as the ground path for the convertor transistor's emitter?

There are only two leads on the coil.

Ordinarily I would just replace the transistors BUT they are a royal pain
in the behind to get to and I really don't want to invest the effort if
there's no chance of success...

[image: Zen_Sche.jpg]