You still have to be careful with these all-segments-lit-up photos, as I
think it would be a great way to disguise the fact that multiple segments
could be stuck on together.  I have of couple of B-7971s that have two
segments that come on together due to some kind of internal short, and no
amount of "banging" to the tube breaks up the short.