They're definitely not Numitron (or other filament) tubes.  I use *a lot*
of Numitron-type tubes, and these have segments that are too wide
(Numitrons are just a filament wide) and too uniform in brightness (even
with a filter, Numitrons are brighter in the center, and also the ends tend
to be noticeably dimmer).  The illumination profile of these does look a
lot like VFDs; especially, notice the decimal point - it's big, round, and
uniform.  I wonder if the shielding plate surrounding each of the
"filaments" is performing the same function as the screen in a Nixie?
~~
Mark Moulding