I noticed some weird ignition delays with B-5870 nixies while entering
digits into the calculator.  1 is the most affected number. If the
background LEDs are on, the delays completely disappear!?! Don’t know
what’s going on.

I know that the drivers are ok, no delay with IN-17 and IN-16 versions. The
anode resistors should be ok, 8.2k/170V.