Not a lot of help but from the USB spec:
6.8 USB Grounding
The shield must be terminated to the connector plug for completed
assemblies. The shield and chassis are
bonded together. The user selected grounding scheme for USB devices, and
cables must be consistent with
accepted industry practices and regulatory agency standards for safety and
EMI/ESD/RFI.

So in other words, the shield will pass thru both connectors to the
"chassis"  but the connection to any ground is left to the reader.
I usually put a 0402 footprint from chassis to system ground. I then
install a 600 ohm ferrite bead. If needed, it can be deleted or changes for
a resistor or cap.