I've had similar problems with two Russian CRT's and I had to use scalpel
to cut them loose and then carefully peel them off as they had almost fused
to the glass, probably from the plastizicer had evaporated but also left a
thin film on the glass that worked almost like glue.

I tried to put them in warm water to soften them but I was afraid that they
would shrink and crush the tube so I didn't use water that was hotter than
from the water tap at home and that was not enough.

/Martin