I have a brand new  10 Kv 1200 pf capacitor, just took it out of it's package. Does anyone have a use for this. About 1 1/2 inch diameter and about 7 inches long.  Looks like it is a ceramic device.   one only.  Does anyone have a use for this thing ?
Thanks  Pharma Phil

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Alex <ajlgr...@gmail.com>
Date: May 3, 2021 at 4:04 AM

I suspect I can't really add anything but I have taken a few medical HV bits apart before and that kilovac looks to me like a high voltage relay / trigger tube and the transformer looks like a pulse transformer, usually for adding a spike of voltage to a pedestal / stored charge by being wired in series with a circuit. This spike usually then causes the stored charge to flow by forming an arc or triggering a tube...